Saturday, April 25, 2009

POtW: J.C. Steele House

This is the front steps and foundation to the former J.C. Steele house near the town of Clinton and in front of the Wakarusa Valley Heritage Museum. The house was built in 1866 and was placed on the National Register of Historic Places. Unfortunately the house was torn down in 1981 but the foundation remains as part of the parking lot to the museum. A marker with the flagpole marks the site of the house.

J.C. Steele House foundation

No comments: